Theme Preview Rss

Never Confuse having a Career with having a Life

Can you work and relax at the same time? Yes! By doing what you love to do and getting paid for it!




My name is Tyler. I'm a domestic short-hair cat breed. Unlike humans, cats don't go to offices to work and get paid. But hey, I need to do something to feed by hungry stomach. Well, I'm a pet cat. My owner is my employer. I consider it "my job" waiting on him everyday at the door of the bedroom and "meowww" my lungs out until he wakes or he will get late at work. At night, I make sure I'm there at the car garage waiting for his return. And give him my best purring act. Do you know that cat purring is relaxing to humans? I give him my cutest look I can ever manage. In a hard day's work, my owner needs some time to chill. And I provide that. In return, he would give me a nice plate of Friskies with some rice and mackerel in oil plus a fresh water bowl to drink after eating. Indeed, a fine dining for me.


This is my daily routine, my daily job. But you know what? It may sound ridiculous to humans, but I love every minute of what I do. And I get "paid" for it.


And since I love my job, I do some "extra" other things that my owner would appreciate. Like keeping myself clean without any boogeys on my nose or in the corners of my eyes. I keep my ears free of mites. I use my sand toilet properly, covering my poops with sand layered enough not to let a single molecule escape that would pollute the air. That's what I call initiative.


But work is work.  I also get tired. Someday, when I retire, there will be no one to give my owner that relaxing purr. So, from the bunch of little kittens we have at home, I have trained one to be like me. His name is Tyson. A naughty black kit which my owner adopted a month ago.


So the secret to having a career and a life? Love what you do and make a succession plan. Delegate to your apprentice. It is good training for them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog