Theme Preview Rss

Dreams



Hi, I'm Mokmok. I'm Tyler's sister. How I got this weird name for a female cat was up to my owner. I could have refused that name during the time our Momma gave birth to me, but then, my owner just loved the name. And so I have learned  to love myself with that name.



Since I was a kitten and up to now, I would spend 70% of my day sleeping, 10% eating and 20% just playing and fooling around with my brother Tyler or walking around the village clubhouse or basketball court with my owner. Like humans, cats also have dreams during their sleep. When we do REM (Rapid Eye Movement), it means we are in a deep sleep and perhaps dreaming of eating salmon or catching butterflies in the garden. Sleep is important for physical well-being. But unlike cats, humans should spend only 33% of their day for sleep. The other 77% should be spent wide-awake eating food to nourish their body; feeding their minds to make plans, execute them, savor their achievement and share with others; nurturing their heart and soul to spend time petting their cats :-)

Anyway, here's a little poem I would like to share with you. It is about more than sleeping...it is about making dreams come true.


Dreams Are Not Reality

Dreams are not reality;
Because they are only made up.
Dreams are just fantasies;
Made by troubled minds.

Dreams are not reality;
Because they don’t come true.
Dreams don’t bring you ecstacy,
Even if you dream the whole year through.

Dreams are not reality;
They are just imaginations,
Dreams make you happy temporarily,
They are one’s loneliness’ companion.

Dreams are not reality;
Indeed, the great thinkers say,
“The best way to make dreams into reality,
is to WAKE UP and MOVE TODAY.”

1 comments:

Anne said...

Love it...

Galeng!!!

You deserve more than a round of applause...

Post a Comment

Search This Blog